An excerpt from “Trans Students and Women’s Colleges” – full length available here. Recorded at Barnard SGA Townhall on April 9, 2014.
Dean Spade is the founder of the Sylvia Rivera Law Project, author of Normal Life: Administrative Violence, Critical Trans Politics and the Limits of the Law, and an associate professor at Seattle University School of Law. At the time of the talk, Dean was a fellow in the Engaging Tradition Project at Columbia Law School.
More from this event:
- VIDEO: Trans Students and Women’s Colleges
- VIDEO: Why Can’t Admissions Policies at Women’s Colleges be Based on “Legal Gender?”
- VIDEO: How Do You Respond to Arguments about Trans Women Affecting Title IX Status of Women’s Colleges?
- VIDEO: Why Does Student Activism Matter?
- VIDEO: Why Do Trans Men + GNC People Belong at Women’s Colleges?
- VIDEO: Why Do Trans Women Belong at Women’s Colleges?